Tuesday 10 September 2013

App Review: My Town Animals


My Town Animals is an iOS game (you might be able to get it for other platforms as well, I'm not sure). I downloaded it about a week ago, and as a lover of anything that requires a little imagination, where you can create your own town, I was hooked! 

The overall concept of the game is great. You control a little town and you are responsible for fulfilling the dreams o it's inhabitants which are cute little animals - ranging from parrots who want bird-houses to elephants that want to travel to Fiji. The 'create your own town' theme of the game is one that many other apps provide (such as Shipwrecked, The Meego, and My Town 2 Getaways), but this game seems to do it much better, and unlike many other apps it isn't constantly asking you for money. 


The graphics of the game are also really good and the things you need to buy for your town (buy in-game with coins you earn from your businesses, not literally buy) are well priced. 

After only a day or two of playing he game however it was constantly crashing. It started with the odd crash now and then but the crashes became more frequent, and now I can rarely play it for more than a few seconds after loading without it crashing. Whenever the game crashes I also lose all my most recent progress. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing it on David's phone and closing down the game completely and nothing works. I've also noticed on some online forums that other people are having the same problem, and can't find a way of fixing it. Now it's just a case of waiting for the next update. Hurry up and update this game Booyah because it's amazing ad I need to play it! 

Overall this is a great game, but it's spoilt by the crashes, making it a truly awful game.

My rating? 
1/5 



No comments:

Post a Comment