Thursday 28 November 2013

Christmas Stocking for a One Year Old

I'm usually pretty organised when it comes to Christmas. I'm usually almost done when this time of year comes around, but due to silly things such as money and jobs I'm a bit behind this year.

For the past few weeks I've been picking up bits and pieces to go in William's stocking, and today after a trip to Home Bargains I was finally ready to wrap everything! 


When I first thought about getting things for William's stocking I was worried. What small things can you buy for a one year old? Luckily I shopped around and have picked up a few bits and pieces. My favourites are the Christmas bandanna bibs and the reindeer slipper socks that you can see in the lower right corner. I think I bought both from Matalan and they cost me about £5 in total. 

Once you start you'll find it easy. The trick is to find small and inexpensive objects - and if in doubt buy chocolate, treats, toiletries and stationary. I picked up some jumbo crayons in Home Bargains today for about 80p which will really be great for William as he's starting to enjoy scribbling and larger crayons are much easier to use. Another benefit of crayon it that its fairly easy to clean if it gets on any of your furniture, but you can always buy chalk instead which is even easier to clean. 

In no time William's stocking was all done. A few of the more oddly shaped objects such as his start shaped bottle of shampoo (which I think I picked up in Lloyds Pharmacy) were a little tricky and took a little more time and care. Now I have one less thing to sort out before Christmas and I can't wait to see my baby's face in Christmas morning when he sees his stocking and stars ripping open all his little presents! 


No comments:

Post a Comment